The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic made it clear that many companies were unable to adapt and defend against the quickly evolving attack vectors and tactics.
In the spring of 2021, CyberRisk Alliance surveyed security professionals about their struggles and repeated the survey in the third quarter of the year to explore the differences and similarities.
Get a free copy of the full report for the insights and key takeaways including:
- Microsoft’s default email security capability, Exchange Online Protection (EOP), lacks advanced anti-phishing and other threat protection capabilities.
- No secure email gateway (SEG) is 100% effective in blocking all attacks like Business email compromise (BEC)-type phishing.
- Remote working led to an increase in usage of messaging and collaboration tools that introduced new threats to many organizations.
- Nearly half experienced an increase in phishing in Q3.
- Email attachments and links were the top sources for phishing, accounting for about one third of all phishing incidents.